2018 Protein Powder Study • Clean Label Project™
The Clean Label Project™ completed a study of 134 protein powder products from 52 brands. Products were screened for over 130 toxins including heavy metals, BPA, pesticides, and other contaminants with links to cancer and other health conditions. (study results below)
Clean Label Project™ completed a study of 134 protein powder products from 52 brands. Products were screened for over 130 toxins including heavy metals, BPA, pesticides, and other contaminants with links to cancer and other health conditions.
Clean Label Project had the top-selling protein powder products – animal-based, whey, and plant-based – tested and reviewed by a third party analytical chemistry laboratory for industrial and environmental contaminants and nutritional superiority elements like antioxidant activity.
Every product tested is displayed in the product ratings with a rating of one, three or five stars so you can look up the products you purchase—and make informed future purchasing decisions based on science rather than marketing terms and manufacturer supplied data. Every brand is then rated so you can know the overall brand quality based on the products tested compared to other brands.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Demand better! Sign our petition to demand transparency in labeling from the FDA
- Be a Conscious Consumer! Research the products you buy on cleanlabelproject.org and share our “shopping lists” with friends and family. And look for a Clean Label Project certification emblem on products you purchase.
- Sign up! Join Clean Label Project’s email list to be the first to receive new product ratings and other valuable information—which will help you choose clean products.
- Follow Clean Label Project! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily updates.
- Support Our Work! Make a tax-deductible donation that will allow us to continue our fight for cleaner products and transparency in labeling.
- Speak to your pediatricians! If you are concerned about your child’s exposure to industrial & environmental contaminants, your pediatrician may run a complete blood count and chemistry panel to assess overall organ function and blood counts.
TOP 5 & BOTTOM 5 PRODUCTS
PW1 Vanilla Pure Whey Protein
Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
Super Advanced Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
Pro Whey + (Sabor Vanilla) Sabor Vanilla Protein with Amino Beads
Vanilla Cream 100% Whey
Sport Plant-Based Vanilla Performance Protein
Performance Supplements 360PRO WHEY Chocolate Silk Premium Whey Protein
Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
4. Nature’s Best
ISOPURE Creamy Vanilla Zero Carb
5. Garden of Life
Organic Shake & Meal Replacement Chocolate Cacao
Raw Organic Meal
I have been drinking the Juice Plus+ Complete® Shake Mix. It is GMO & Gluten Free • Pesticides & Herbicide Free • No Heavy Metals • NSF Certified. Juice Plus+® is the Most Researched Nutritional Product in the World. Learn more below.
Juice Plus+ Complete® Single Serve Variety Drink Mix
Learn more • Place Order
Title: Clean Label Project™: 2018 Protein Powder Study
Post Date: 2018-03-23